Services for Dyslexia at School
Many classroom teachers have not had any mandatory training in SEN during their initial teacher training, and so go into the classroom without the tools to be able to identify and support those children. Learning Support Assistants may also be lacking in specific training allowing them to make the best use of their skills.
Positive Dyslexia can offer additional CPD training for schools in a variety of ways to suit both budget and need. We can support schools to be Dyslexia Friendly by adopting some very small changes and advise on suitable resources.
"Brilliantly delivered, very engaging and useful"
"Trainer was excellent , knowledgeable and encouraged discussion and personal experiences"
What Should I Do if I Suspect Dyslexia?
We can provide a range of training options for staff, delivered by a Dyslexia Specialist and Trainer with over 20 years experience from both Dyslexia Action and the British Dyslexia Association. Katrina was previously Head of Education, Assessment and Policy for the BDA and is still an Associate Trainer for them. Distance no object.
Prices range from only £250 (One hour Twilight after school session), Half Day £395, £650 ( Full day). All prices inclusive apart from travel costs.
Topics can be bespoke and can include one or more of the following;
Dyslexia and Co-occurring difficulties – awareness and resources
Screening and Assessment tools - identification of Dyslexia
We can also offer testing/ full diagnostic assessments for your pupils and students with our assessors who hold current Assessment Practising Certificates (APC). Positive Dyslexia INSET Training is accredited for CPD points through the Accreditation Group.
Our Prices from January 1st 2019
from £250 (plus travel)
Exam Access Arrangements, Group testing
from £75 per person
Pre 16 Assessments
£550 (plus travel)
Terms and Conditions
1. The Booking Form must be signed and submitted to us before the assessment. Dates can only be provisionally held for 24 hours.
2. Assessments/Training cannot be guaranteed to be rescheduled to a later date and may be charged if cancelled.
3. A full assessment usually lasts around 3 hours for adults but may be shorter for children . Testing for Access Arrangements will be shorter.
4. For an assessment the results will be analysed and a detailed report will be sent to you at your address within 15 working days of the appointment.
5. Payment by BACS or cash must be made at the time of the appointment or in advance. The report will not be released until payment is made.
6. Positive Dyslexia reserve the right not to accept a referral, to terminate an assessment or not circulate a report if: the referral appears to be outside of their area of expertise the client fails to cooperate with the requirements of the assessment procedure in such a way that may compromise the validity of the assessment the client fails to comply with the terms and conditions outlined above.